CamisadoMind

Christina Lee
Progress: 19 %
Lash
L.G. Castillo
Die for Me - Amy Plum Kate and her sister are basically forced (boo-hoo) to move to Paris with their grandmother and grandfather after a tragic accident takes the life of their mother and father. Though, Kate would enjoy a new look, she can't get out of her slump. I mean, how do you after losing both of your parents at the exact same time?When Kate decides to venture out into the great outdoors, she sits at a little café and catches the eye of a cute boy and his friend across the street.The strange attraction never leaves her mind and she can't seem to get away from, no matter how hard she tries.Vincent is a boy with a lot to hide and I loved finding everything out as I read. I've never really read a "zombie" book, and though Vincent and his pals are considered Revenants... it's really just a glorified name for zombie. This isn't your gore, blood & guts type of book... which I like. I'm not very into those types of books.This is a sweeter book that has the strength and depth of something worth remembering.I enjoyed Kate's character and how she fought for herself and the ones she loved. Never forgetting her parents but not putting the ones who are here for her now out of her mind.The relationship she develops with Vincent and his friends is amazing. And seems to be quite easy, enviable on any level. Real life, or in a book. I'd love that type of friendship with boys, girls, family, whoever.I can't wait for the next book and hope that we get more of Kate's relationship with her sister and Paris.I have a feeling about a little battle within the Revenant house, but I'm actually looking forward to it. If it were to happen!I'll probably purchase the second book as soon as it comes out. So far, this series is hardback worthy! :)