CamisadoMind

Christina Lee
Progress: 19 %
Lash
L.G. Castillo
Tomorrow Land - Mari Mancusi When I read the summary of this book on NetGalley, I thought it'd be a bit of a fluff dystopian. And though I wasn't 100% wrong about that, but it held more depth than I'd originally thought. When I was reading this book I was constantly thinking about how much life would change by this time yet would still be the same. Like the fact that Peyton's mom's name was Ashley... I found it weird. To think there will be adult women named Ashley, Brittany, Jessica.... Etc. The way Peyton ran into Chase as soon as the doors opened 4 years into the apocalypse was too convenient. I'd rather her go on her journey & run into him at WalMart or something. It'd be more realistic. (as realistic a book like this could be) Chase's (Chris) obsession with Peyton wasn't /too/ creepy, but calling her his goddess was ridiculous. And I wondered what she'd say about it if she'd actually heard him say this.I felt like the way they fell back in love could've been paced more. But at the same time, they're in a freaking apocalypse over run with zombies. There's not really any time to be picky & play hard to get. Zombies. I am not a fan of them either. But, I actually enjoyed this book. Probably because there was more TALK of zombies than actual zombies. The ending was a bit predictable, actually... The whole book was, but I was hoping for a little more oomph.Though I didn't hate this book, I'm not sure I'd read the sequel if there is one.She does have other books that I may give a chance sometime. Vampires, I like.