CamisadoMind

Christina Lee
Progress: 19 %
Lash
L.G. Castillo
Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No.You're serious.This is a New York Times number one best seller?Why? Why are people STILL claiming how "good" it is how much they "loved" it. Have you never read a decent piece of literature in your life? Not to say this is literature, but come onOkay, I'm abusing italics.I was excited to read this book because I like a little romance & erotica every now and then, but I didn't expect this. This wasn't erotic nor was it romantic.When Ana first meets Christian it's more than obvious that this is a fanfic of Twilight; Ana's clumsy, continuously bites her lip, doesn't understand why a guy--any guy--would be attracted to her and ridiculously naive. (Bella looks like f***ing Wonder Woman compared to Anna.)There was a moment in the book where I put it down, and laughed. A good hearty laugh. I'm not exactly sure where it was, the whole thing is purely comedic. I wasn't going to continue reading it, but I kind of wanted to know how it ended so, I basically skimmed through. I mainly read their e-mails, though idiotic were still cute.The actual writing in this book was poor at best. The repeating of sentences, phrases, thoughts, over and over and over again. I believe she mentioned her subconscious about 80 times (this is not an exaggeration but fact) and I wanted nothing more than for her "subconscious" to shut the hell up. And her inner goddess (mentioned about 60 times)? Ha. HA. HA! What a slut.BDSM. I'm not one who is a fan of this. I don't want to be "controlled" and I don't want to "control" someone. So that whole aspect was bad enough in and of itself. And the fact that she was actually scared that if she did something wrong he'd hurt her wasn't a red flag to her? There's a difference between love and obsession.For anyone who wants to read a romance or even erotica you can buy a $3 or $4 book from Blaze or Harlequin on a WalMart shelf. Why the f*ck would you want to pay ANYTHING more than $.01 for this book!? Seriously. WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS!?Christian was no where near sexy for me. No matter who I tried to picture playing him. It was completely pathetic.And now they're making it a movie. That's completely unfair. And how will they even do it!?I say Jack Black plays Christian and Busy Philips plays Ana. Heh. Now THAT would be interesting.Please please please please stop buying this book & reading it. Just stop. Read books that deserve this attention.