CamisadoMind

Progress: 19 %
Lash
L.G. Castillo

The Lucky One

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks I am quite the Nicholas Sparks fan, though his earlier books cannot be out done.I've picked up this book before on a whim that I'd automatically like it. I started reading it and for whatever reason put it down and never picked it back up. I don't think it was because I didn't like it because well I enjoyed it this time around. Though it took a few pep talks to get through the part I'd already read I started to get into it once Thibault finally met up with Elizabeth. The relationship between them developed quickly which helped to keep the book flowing.The chapters I absolutely hated reading were those of Clayon...Elizabeth's ex-husband. Sparks did a great job making him out to be the jerk that he is. Sometimes I want to stay outside of the mind of a sadist. There was a couple times I had to force myself to get through his chapters. Thankfully his were the shortest.As most Sparks fans know someone always dies in one of his books, and I was quite surprised at who did in this book. And like most of his books he wraps it up nicely with a happy ending (except Dear John--ugh).I recommend this for a weekend staying home, on the beach, on a long car trip. Somewhere that it's okay to have a few distractions but won't take you away from the overall story.